Swedish massage is the basis of most Western types of massages including sports massage, deep tissue massage and aromatherapy massage.
This relaxing massage treatment is mostly slow and gentle leaving you with a calming glow.
Swedish massage combines various hands-on techniques including effleurage, kneading, and cross-fibre friction to break up muscle knots, called adhesions.
Benefits of swedish massage
- produce an enhanced blood flow; delivery of fresh oxygen and nutrients to the tissues is improved and the removal of waste products, toxins and carbon dioxide is hastened via the venous system
- It also stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, helping promote relaxation and the reduction of stress.
- Massage helps to reduce pain by the release of endorphins (endorphins are also known to elevate the mood).
- It also slows down the rate of respiration due to the reduced stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system
- reduce stress and anxiety by relaxing both mind and body
- create a feeling of well-being and enhanced self-esteem