Swedish massage is the basis of most Western types of massages including sports, deep tissue and aromatherapy massage.
Relaxing massage treatment is mostly slow and gentle leaving our clients with a calming glow afterwards.
Hands-on techniques we use are
Effleurage, kneading, and cross-fibre friction to break up muscle knots, called adhesions.
Benefits of swedish massage
- Produces and enhanced blood flow.
- Delivery of fresh oxygen and nutrients to the tissues is improved and the removal of waste products, toxins and carbon dioxide via the venous system.
- Stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, helping promote relaxation and the reduction of stress.
- Massage helps to reduce pain by the release of endorphins (endorphins are also known to elevate the mood).
- Slows down the rate of respiration due to the reduced stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system.
- Reduce stress and anxiety by relaxing both mind and body.
- Creates a feeling of well-being and enhanced self-esteem.